Netflix is the most popular online streaming platform in India. Many movies and series reach Indian audiences daily on Netflix. Netflix, which has many competitors even in the US market, has about 200 million users. Netflix has to pay more for subscriptions than any other online streaming company in India. Managing your Netflix account is essential. Here’s why.
Are you a Netflix subscriber?
If so, you can ask friends and family to share your Netflix ID and password to enter the content in your account to save the subscription fee on the OTT platform. However, privacy cannot be maintained when you share a single account with multiple users. If you find yourself in this situation and want to keep your Netflix profile safe you can do so using the profile lock option available on the OTT platform.
To keep your history private from here it is essential to know how to lock your Netflix profile. This way, no other user can log in and find the content you are viewing. You can secure it with a password. Also, only the intended people can check in on the profile.
How to lock your Netflix profile?
Follow the instructions below to lock your Netflix profile. It only takes a few minutes to lock the profile. To do this, you need to go to Netflix Web Edition. To secure your Netflix account, follow the procedures been provided as follows.
- Step 1: Open the Netflix website and login with your username and password. Now, the page displays all the user profiles you have created.
- Step 2: Click on the profile you want to lock.
- Step 3: Here, you need to select the Account option with the profile picture displayed in the top right corner.
- Step 4: Scroll down to get the ‘Profile & Parental Controls’ option.
- Step 5: There will be a small inverted triangle with the option, you can click on it for more options.
- Step 6: You will see a profile lock option in it. Enter the Netflix password and select it to verify it.
- Step 7: Set a 4 digit PIN on your profile and ‘Confirm’ the passcode to configure the lock