UPI is a safe and easy way to transfer money to another person. If someone else has access to your phone you can use it to transfer money to them. But what happens if the device that carries all the payment applications is stolen?
How to prevent misuse of payment applications if the phone is lost?
With the Unified Payment Interface (UPI) in India, services like Paytm, Google Pay and PhonePay have become a big necessity. Most users have at least one payment application on phones linked to UPI. UPI is a safe and easy way to make payments or transfer money to another person. If someone else has access to your phone you can use it to transfer money to them. But what happens if the device that carries all the payment applications is stolen?
Don’t worry, you don’t have to worry about money being stolen from your account. If you lose your phone, you can prevent someone else from using Paytm, Google Pay and PhonePe
How to temporarily block PDM account?
- Call Paytm Payment Bank Helpline on 01204456456.
- Select the option for the lost phone.
- Select the option to enter another number and enter your lost phone number.
- Choose to log out of all devices.
- Next, go to the Paytm website and scroll down to select 24-7 Help.
- Report a scam
- Then click on that section.
- Next, click on the Problem button and then the Message button below.
- You will need to submit proof of account ownership, such as a debit/credit card statement showing Paytm account transactions, authentication email or SMS for a Paytm account transaction, proof of phone number ownership, or proof of a police complaint against a lost or stolen phone.
- Once this is done, Paytm will stop using your account. You will then receive an authentication message.
How to block Google Pay account?
- Google Pay users can call the helpline number 18004190157 and choose their preferred language.
- Choose the right option for other issues.
- Choose the option to talk to a specialist who can help you block your Google Pay account. Alternatively, Android users can remotely erase their data so that no one can access your Google Account from the phone, so the Google Pay app is secure. IOS users can also do this by erasing their data remotely.
How to block PhonePe Account?
- PhonePay users need to call 08068727374 or 02268727374.
- After selecting the language, you will be asked if you would like to report an issue with your PhonePay account, just press the appropriate number.
- Enter the registered number and an OTP will be sent to you for authentication.
- Next, select the OPT option.
- You will be given an option report for missing SIM or phone, select it.
- After getting some details like phone number, email id, last payment, final transaction information, you can talk to a representative who can help block your phone pay account.