Here, the new software SmartByte is useful for selecting Dell laptops and controlling which applications get priority connections and wait patiently for leftovers.
It was developing by Rivet Networks, the company behind the powerful Killer Networking WiFi cards that appear in several Dell and Alienware laptops. Here, SmartByte automatically detects when you’re streaming video and gives that feed most of the available Internet connection.
It is useful to enable by default, works with both Intel and Realtek wireless chips. Here, the systems with Killer Networking cards don’t need SmartByte, because they already have network prioritization built-in and better reception overall. If u have Dell brand laptop then check, what is smartbyte and why we need it.
SmartByte Network Service causes slow Internet speed:
If you’re facing this issue, you can try our recommended solutions below in no particular order and see if that helps resolve the problems.
- It can update WiFi drivers.
- Update SmartByte software
- Disable SmartByte
- Uninstall SmartByte software
Here, take a look at the description of the process involved concerning each of the listed solutions.
Update WiFi drivers:
It has to confirm that many of these problems are caused by using an outdated version of the Intel WiFi driver. You can update your Intel WiFi drivers to the latest version available by downloading and installing the appropriate package for the Dell computer using the Intel Driver & Support Assistant.
Updating SmartByte software:
Here, you have another solution to the slow internet speed caused by SmartByte is to update SmartByte software from dell.com.
To disable SmartByte on Windows 10, you do the following:
- To open Task Manager, you can press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
- Click or tap on More details if Task Manager opens in compact mode.
- You can go to the Startup tab.
- Please select it from the list when you find the SmartByte utility.
- Click the Disable button.
- Exit Task Manager.
You try the next solution if the issue is still unresolved.
Uninstall SmartByte software:
To uninstall the SmartByte software from the Windows 10 Dell PC, do the following:
- Right-click the Start Menu.
- To Select Apps and Features from the list.
- Scroll; you can find any application with SmartByte in the name.
- Click the entry SmartByte and click Uninstall. Now follow the prompts to uninstall the application.
- You have to repeat the process with any other SmartByte apps.
Here, all you need to do is perform a driver update on the Dell PC using the Dell SupportAssist for PCs if you want to reinstall SmartByte.
What is SmartByte, and how to remove SmartByte?
- If you have a Dell PC and are experiencing slow internet speeds, it may blame the Smartbyte utility.
- Here, most users prefer removing it, while the Smartbyte network service is useful on some Dell PCs.
- Thus, the article will give you a summary of what Smartbyte is and how to remove it if you so desire.
- Here, you’ve finished reading, and you can then decide whether to keep it or not.
Those who use Dell computers may have noticed that the Internet speeds sometimes go down under certain conditions. Here, Smartbyte is usually running in the background; you may have seen that when it happens.
Here, some of you would probably want to know Smartbyte before discussing whether the two may be related.
What is SmartByteTelemetry.exe?
Here, SmartByte is an application tool that automatically detects when you’re streaming video and gives that feed most of the available Internet connection.
Here, you’ll have to buy a new Dell system such as the Inspiron 27 7000 or later if you don’t have access to the Smartbyte network service. But, it revealed no information about making it available as a standalone utility.
The utility, which is enabling by default, works with both Intel and Realtek wireless chips, but you don’t worry about installing new Smartbyte drivers and services to get it.
It says that you would expect that by having this tool installed, your Internet speeds should regulate better when streaming videos.
Lets learn Askcorran website’s articles and make your lifestyle very easy.
How do you remove Smartbyte.exe from my PC?
Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
It will open the Task Manager.
Click Apps and Features.
Scroll, you find any application with SmartByte in the name.
Click to enter each SmartByte and click Uninstall.
You may follow the prompts to uninstall the application.
Now repeat the process with all Smartbyte apps.