If you too have lost your WhatsApp conversation, then you need not be disappointed. Now you can recover WhatsApp deleted chats or can get your chat or data back. We have brought some tips and tricks for you, due to which you can restore deleted WhatsApp chats and data back. You can get your chat back via iCloud or Google Drive backup.
Let us know that you can turn it ON by going to Settings under WhatsApp chat backup and tapping on Chat backup of go to Chats options. If you are iPhone users, then you get this option on Chat Backup by going to Chats under WhatsApp Settings.
Now, while answering your question i.e. How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages or How to restore deleted WhatsApp chats, we know about the ways by which you get your deleted WhatsApp data.
First way to recover WhatsApp deleted chats
If your chat is suddenly deleted then it is possible that it is on cloud backup. In such a situation, you can get back WhatsApp chats through Cloud backup by following these steps.
1. Uninstall WhatsApp from your Android and iPhone phone.
2. Reinstall WhatsApp and enter your mobile number.
3. After setup you will be asked to restore the message from cloud backup (on Android phone this backup will be from Google Drive, while iCloud will be on iOS.
4. After this your WhatsApp chat will come back.
There is another way through which the chat can be recovered. You can restore your chat back through Android’s local backup. The same method does not work on iOS. If your Google Drive backup has overwritten deleted messages, then you can get your chat back from these steps.
1. Go to your phone’s File Manager app (if you don’t have this app, you can also get Google’s Files app).
2. Now go to whatsapp folder.
3. Select the database folder where all WhatsApp backup files are stored.
4. Now select the file msgstore.db.crypt12 and rename it with msgstore_BACKUP.db.crypt12 .
5. This will be your recent backup file and will have to be renamed to protect it from being overwritten.
6. Now you will see many files in this folder which will be in msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 format .
7. These are your old WhatsApp backups and now you select the latest backup and rename it from msgstore.db.crypt12 .
8. Now you have to open Google Drive and click on hamburger icon i.e. icon with three vertical lines.
9. Now under the hamburger icon you get Backups.
10. Now delete whatsapp backup.
11. Uninstall and then reinstall WhatsApp.
12. After setting the app, you have the option to restore chat from local backup.
13. Tap Restore and only then you will get your deleted whatsapp messages back.