You must have known by now how important Aadhar Card is for you. This is the reason why it is very important for all of us to protect Aadhaar from misuse. The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has made a major update on its website to ensure that your Aadhaar card is not being misused by anyone.
With this new service of DoT, you can easily check how many mobile numbers are registered with your Aadhaar number. DoT recently launched Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection (TAFCOP), a portal that enables users to check all phone numbers linked to their Aadhaar number. If you don’t use the SIM, you can disconnect it.
TAFCOP said on its website that the website will help the customers, check the number of mobile connections working in their name and disconnect the additional mobile connections.
How many mobile numbers are registered with Aadhaar number (AADHAAR NUMBER)
To check, first go to the website of Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management Protection Portal https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in/.
- Now enter your Contact Number / Mobile Number.
- Then click on the ‘Request OTP’ tab.
- Now enter the OTP number in the mobile number.
- Then, all the numbers linked to your Aadhaar number can be found on the website.
- From these numbers, users can report and block numbers that are no longer used or are no longer needed.
As per the extant guidelines of the government, a person can register a maximum of nine mobile connections in his name.
Facilities available on TAFCOP Portal
- Users who have more than nine connections in their name will be informed through SMS.
- Customers who have more than nine links in their name can click on the portal link to take necessary action.